Vibration Fatigue Module
The Vic-3D™ Vibration Fatigue module allows low-speed cameras to capture displacement and strain measurements during periodic, high-speed events. This add-on module can provide a low-cost alternative to high-speed cameras. Vic-Snap allows the user to accurately trigger the low-speed cameras at peaks, valleys, or phase intervals in the driving frequency.
As with the standard Vic-3D system, surface displacements can be measured in three axes simultaneously. But, the Vibration Fatigue Module adds the ability to easily and precisely capture periodically recurring events, through the use of an integrated video stroboscope.
Any application which lends itself to the use of a conventional stroboscope is a good candidate for measurement with this system. This includes shaker tables, engine test stands, and a wide range of machinery. However, the capabilities of this system go far beyond those of the conventional stroboscope. In addition to displacement measurements, the system can provide velocity and acceleration vectors, as well as the complete Lagrangian strain tensor for every point within the field of measurement. Thus, it can be used to measure both vibration and vibration-induced surface strains simultaneously. Since these measurements are derived directly from images of the test specimen, detailed quantitative data is easily overlaid onto the original images, allowing powerful visualization and analysis.
The Vic-3D Vibration module is an easy-to-use and low-cost alternative to high speed cameras. It can be used for vibrations with large amplitudes and frequencies up to 50 kHz. Depending upon the frequency and velocity of motion, it is often sufficient to strobe only the camera, which further simplifies the test setup.
Because Digital Image Correlation is a non-contact measurement, movement of the test specimen is not disturbed by the measurement equipment. And, specimen preparation requires only the application of a random pattern, which can typically be created with spray paint.
- Full-field measurements of 3D coordinates, displacements, velocities, and strain tensors
- Frequency range: up to 50 kHz
- In-plane accuracy up to 0.02 pixels, out-of-plane accuracy up to 0.04 pixels
- Strain accuracy up to 0.01% local, 0.005% global
- Strain ranges from 0.005% to over 2,000%
- Automatic calibration
- Cameras can be easily controlled from the computer
- Powerful tools for visualizing data
- Contour displays which can be overlaid onto images of the test specimen
- Data extraction from 3D plots based on user defined lines and circles
- Post-processing tools for statistical analysis, stress-strain curves, and more
- One year of technical support and software upgrades
- Live technical support is available Mon-Fri 9am-5pm EST
- On-site support and consulting is also available
- One-year replacement warranty for defects in materials and/or workmanship on all parts
Click here to download the Vibration Synchronization and Fatigue Module flyer.