The VIC-2D™ System
VIC-2D 6 Now Available!
VIC-2D has been substantially upgraded and is available today. VIC-2D has proven to be the world’s fastest and most robust 2D DIC system on the market. Call us today for an evaluation copy and see for yourself.
VIC-2D 6 New Features
Below is a list of improvements to the software:
• Improved data processing speed up to 135,000 data points/sec using a modern PC with a single quad-core CPU.
• Improved strain algorithms for quicker and more accurate results.
• Completely redesigned user interface for increased ease of use.
• New and improved tools for defining AOIs (Areas of Interest).
• Improved initial guess window interface.
• Completely redesigned inspector tools for easier data extraction.
• All extraction locations are now saved with the project, and have click and drag functionality.
• New “Apply Function” feature that allows the user to enter customized equations to generate new contour variables.
• New graph widget for displaying multiple data extractions on one graph (points, line slices, circles, rectangles, and extensometers).
• Results can now be viewed in user-selectable units such as inches and micrometers.
• Overall improved project saving (extractions, analysis settings, plot settings, etc.)
• New recent projects menu and thumbnail display on home page.
• Newly integrated post-processing feature for applying time filters to extracted data.
• Large project loading performance improvement with faster animation playback.
VIC-2D System Overview
The VIC-2D system is a turkey solution that utilizes our optimized correlation algorithms to provide full-field two-dimensional displacement and strain data for mechanical testing on planar specimens. In-plane displacement are measured at every pixel subset within the area of interest, and full-field strain is computed with many tensor options.
The VIC-2D system measures in-plane displacements and strains over 2000% with measurement resolution as low as 10 microstrain possible. Specimen sizes ranging from microns to meters are measured easily, and with a built-in microscope distortion correction and SEM drift correction module, the software is the most flexible and powerful 2D DIC software on the market.
The VIC-2D system is a complete turn-key measurement system which can be customized to a wide range of applications. Our measurement systems are designed with the ease-of-use in mind with simple hardware integration, simple analog data synchronization, and intuitive software. Some of the features of the VIC-2D system include:
We provide our customers with unmatched U.S. technical support for all simple and advanced applications such as high-temperature, dynamic, microscopy (SEM/AFM), submersible, and more. Please contact us at Sales@correlatedsolutions.com if you would like to discuss your applications. We are here to help.
The Vic-2D system is used where strain distributions need to be measured on flat specimens of almost any material. Common applications include testing in tension, shear, crack growth, fatigue/cyclic and more. Localized strain fields are computed, displayed, and easily exported for FEA validation.
Below are the specifications for common VIC-2D systems configurations:
|System Type||VIC-2D SR||VIC-2D HR||VIC-2D XR||VIC-2D HS||VIC-2D UHS|
|Camera Resolution||1920 x 1200||2448 x 2048||From 11 to 29MP||up to 4MP||up to 924 x 768|
|Frame Rate||162 Hz||75 Hz||Up To 5 Hz||up to 300 KHz (reduced resolution)||up to 5 MHz|
|In-Plane Displacement Resolution||0.00001 * FOV||0.00001 * FOV||0.00001 * FOV||0.00001 * FOV||0.00002 * FOV|
|Strain Resolution||~10 microstrain||~20 microstrain||~50 microstrain||~50 microstrain||~50 microstrain|
|Strain Range||from 0.005% to >2,000%||from 0.005% to >2,000%||from 0.005% to >2,000%||from 0.005% to >2,000%||from 0.010% to >2,000%|
Click here to see what’s new in VIC-2D and see our SPECIAL PROMOTIONAL OFFER!